Do you need help with a legal issue?
Free Legal Help For Postgraduate Students.
Come and see our lawyer for free and confidential legal advice. PARSA has a practising lawyer with combined experience in the private and community sectors.
The Legal Service is available to all ANU postgrad students from Monday to Thursday. Students are encouraged to access these services when and if they need them. The Legal Service is located in the PARSA office, in Melville Hall. Drop in, or to make an appointment call (02) 6125 4187 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas of Law we practice:
- Intellectual Property or Copyright
- Small business / IP commercialisation
- Legal claims/threats
- Grievances and complaints
- Motor accidents
- Migration and Visa Advice* (Thursday 10am-4pm)
- Privacy or Freedom of Information
- Other legal matters
- We also can witness statutory declarations and certify copies of originals.
We can help with referrals in areas of law we don’t practice.
Other free legal services
Community legal organisations that often help university students include:
- Youth Law Centre
Phone: 6173 5410
Address: Level 1, 14 Childers Street, Canberra City
Monday to Friday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Women’s Legal Centre
Advice Line: 6257 4499 or 1800 634 669 (Mon to Fri 9.30 to 12.00)
Centre Administration: 6257 4377 (Mon to Fri 9.00 to 5.00)
- Legal Aid ACT
(02) 6243 3411 (Reception)
1300 654 314 (Helpline), available Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm
2 Allsop Street, Canberra City
- Legal Aid ACT – Criminal Law Section
(02) 6243 3407
- Legal Aid ACT – Domestic Violence and Personal Protection Unit
(02) 6207 1874
Magistrates Court, 4 Knowles Place, Canberra
- The Consumer Law Centre
(02) 6257 1788
1800 007 007
- Canberra Community Law Night Time Legal Advice Service
(02) 6218 7999
Tuesday nights, 6pm – 8pm
*Migration advice is provided by a registered migration agent MARN 1385248