PARSA Emergency Accommodation Assistance
The first course of action for new students is to secure long-term accommodation. For more information on how to secure long term accomodation, PARSA's accommodation seeker and housing tips are starting points.
This program aims to provide temporary accommodation to students who do not have secure accommodation due to unforeseen circumstances.
- New or returning students arriving in Canberra without long term accommodation,
- Students experiencing an unsafe home environment,
- Students experiencing an unexpected change to existing living arrangements
PARSA may provide currently enrolled post-graduate students with up to 7 nights’ shared accommodation at Canberra’s Youth Hostel Australia (YHA) or equivalent. PARSA will only cover the accommodation costs – this will not cover any costs or fees above the approved amount including the cost of damages, extensions to occupancy, catering or extra services. Please note that this is subject to availability.
- Be currently enrolled as a post-graduate at the ANU
- Be in search of long-term accommodation
- Not rely on the Accommodation Assistance Program for long-term occupancy
Interested applicants must submit a completed application form along with the following documents:
1. Proof of enrolment (eCOE or ISIS confirmation)
2. Evidence of applications for accommodation – e.g. ANU Housing application, queries to off-campus agents, including email queries.
PARSA Student Assistance Team will determine, based on application, if a student qualifies for assistance and the duration of occupancy granted.
Applications and inquires can be directed to email@example.com