2017 PARSA By-election: result breakdown
The voting tally for the results of the 2017 PARSA By-election is now available. Click here to view the result breakdown.
Results of the 2017 PARSA By-election are as follows:
- Treasurer: Avish Amin (ANU4U)
- Environmental Officer: Emma Davies (ANU4U)
- Indigenous Australian Officer: Darcy Jackman (ANU4U)
- Communications Officer: Arjun Mathilakath Madathil (ANU4U)
- College of Law (COL): Riley Berry (Independent)
- College of the Asia & Pacific (CAP): Stella Kusumawardhani (ANU4U)
- College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences (CPMS): Ryan Ridden (Independent)
For more information on the elected candidates visit the 2017 PARSA By-election results page on the Election Central page of the website.
If you have any questions about the By-elections, contact PARSA General Secretary Hansika Chopra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARSA By-election announcement
Candidate nominations for the 2017 Postgraduate and Research Students’ Association (PARSA) By-election will open from noon on Monday, February 20th and close at noon on Friday, March 10.
When does the By-election take place?
Online polling for the By-election will open at 9am on Wednesday, March 15 and close at 5pm on Thursday, March 16.
More information about how to vote will be communicated ahead of the election via the PARSA website and an email to all eligible voters. Results will be published on the PARSA website as soon as practicable after the close of election.
What positions are open?
Nominations are open for four officer positions on the Postgraduate Representative Council (PRC), the governing board of PARSA.
Nominations are also open for three College Representative positions on the PRC.
What is required to run for a position?
- All nominees must be ANU postgraduate students at the time of nomination.
- All nominees must comply with the requirements listed in the nomination form and with the PARSA Election Regulations.
- Elected officers and representatives will hold these positions until the next Annual General Election, the date of which has not been set (last year's General Election took place in July)
For more information on the duties and time commitments required of the different positions, visit the Role Descriptions page.
How do I nominate a candidate for election?
How does a candidate get elected?
Please see the How Voting Works page.
If you have any questions about the nomination and election process, contact PARSA General Secretary Hansika Chopra at email@example.com.