COVID-19 Emergency Grant (CEG)
Purpose: The COVID-19 Emergency Grant aims to provide financial assistance to currently enrolled postgraduate and research students who are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 restrictions and government recommendations. Financial assistance is available to help students to meet the costs of living and current studying requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students whose CEG applications are successful may receive up to $2500 from PARSA to assist with the financial hardship; please note that the CEG payment is not a loan and does not need to be repaid.
Application: Students interested in applying for the grant are advised to read the criteria below and contact PARSA if they have any questions about requirements or eligibility. Students are encouraged to complete this form, attach required supporting documentation as per the instructions below and submit their application.
Due to the current campus closure, students are not able to submit their application in hard copy.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The applicant is currently enrolled as an ANU Postgraduate or Research Student;
- The applicant can demonstrate they are currently experiencing genuine financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 related restrictions or recommendations (e.g. online study requirement, loss of employment, inability to meet daily living costs; groceries, rent and utilities);
- The applicant can demonstrate that they have an immediate need for financial assistance;
- The applicant can provide 90 days of statements for ALL bank accounts in their name;
- The applicant can provide supporting documentation for the requested amount i.e. lease, tenancy agreement, utility bills, medical bills/ prescriptions.
General enquiries can be sent to the PARSA Admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review: A COVID-19 Grant application will be subject to a confidential review by a Student Assistance Team staff member as well as one member of the COVID-19 review committee; which is comprised of the PARSA Operations Manager, Director of Business Support, Director of the Student Assistance Team and the current PARSA Executive. Successful applications are then processed through PARSA Finance. Please note that all decisions are final.
Please note: It is a reporting requirement for allocation of these funds that the ANU be provided with the student ID number and total grant amount allocated of all applicants.
If the application is successful, the approved amount will be transferred to the student’s nominated bank account, or to an agreed upon third party (e.g. medical bills, bond payments). Whenever possible, the funds will be transferred within three working days of the application submission. If the application is not successful, the applicant will be notified in writing of the decision and an explanation of which part(s) of the criteria were not met.