PARSA Family Supplement Grant
Purpose: The PARSA Family Supplement Grant is available to enrolled postgraduate students at the ANU. The grant provides families who require emergency financial assistance. Eligibility criteria includes those who are experiencing sudden or unexpected financial hardship that is adversely affecting their education. Eligible students are able to access up to $500 of assistance per semester.
Pre-requisite: Students who have accessed the PARSA Emergency Grant (PEG) prior to accessing the PARSA Family Supplement Grant.
Exclusions: categories not covered by the PEG inlcude but are not limited to:
- Tuition/ course related fees
- Paying off credit card and other debts (e.g., paying off debts to friends and relatives)
- Leisure travel/activities
- other immigration-related expenses
- Reimbursement of past costs
- Already have successfully accessed the PARSA Emergency Grant within the previous 30 days
- Have a dependent family for which the funds will be utilised to support.
How the fund works:
Once all documents are received, a PARSA Emergency Grant application will be subject to a confidential review by two of PARSA’s Student Assistance Advisers (staff) and a de-identified recommendation summary is provided to the President for approval.
If the grant is approved, the funds will be transferred to the student’s nominated account. The expected timeframe for an outcome to the application is within 3 working days. If the application is not successful, students are welcome to reapply if there are changes to their personal circumstances.
An application of the PARSA Family Supplement Grant does not automatically guarantee payment of funds. PARSA has the discretion to assess and decide applications based on the information provided.
- Confirmation of receipt of PEG support.
- If the applicant is accessing the Family Supplement Grant after submission of their PEG application; they will be required to provide updated bank statements and confirmation of enrolment.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the information and evidence required at time of application.
For more information, please contact us: email@example.com