PARSA Emergency Accommodation Grant
The first step for the new student is to secure long-term accommodation; we recommend starting with the PARSA's accommodation seeker and Accommodation Pocket Guide as a starting point.
Purpose: This program aims to provide temporary accommodation to students who do not have secure accommodation due to unexpected circumstances. If you have been unable to secure long-term accommodation, you may consider applying for the PARSA Emergency Accommodation Grant
- New or returning students arriving in Canberra who’s longer term accommodation arrangements have unexpectedly changed,
- Students experiencing an unsafe home environment,
- Students experiencing an unexpected change to existing living arrangements
Provisions: PARSA may provide currently enrolled post-graduate students with up to 7 nights’ shared accommodation at Canberra’s Youth Hostel Australia (YHA) or equivalent. PARSA will only cover the accommodation costs – this will not cover any costs or fees above the approved amount including the cost of damages, extensions to occupancy, catering or extra services. NB# application subject to availability.
- Be currently enrolled as a postgraduate at the ANU
- Be in search of long-term accommodation and not reliant upon the PARSA Emergency Accommodation Grant for long-term occupancy
- Due to an unexpected or unforeseen situation e.g. unsafe living environment, accommodation offer withdrawn etc.
- Experiencing financial hardship
- Attend a face-to-face appointment with Student Assistance
Process: Interested applicants must submit a completed application form along with the following documents:
- Proof of enrolment in an ANU program/course (eCOE or ISIS confirmation)
- Evidence of application for accommodation – e.g. ANU housing application, queries to off campus agents including email queries
- 90 days bank statement/transaction listing of all your accounts
- Proof of all income
- Completed and signed application form
PARSA Student Assistance Team will determine, based on application, if a student qualifies for assistance and the duration of occupancy granted.
Successful applicants are required to notify PARSA Student Assistance Team of any changes to the length of their stay (i.e. early check out).
Please complete the PARSA Emergency Accommodation Grant Application and inquires can be directed to email@example.com