Apply to become a member of PARSA’s Postgraduate Representative Council
PARSA is accepting applications for a position on the Postgraduate Representative Council (PRC), the governing body of PARSA. PARSA exists to ensure the interests of postgraduates at ANU, namely through representing postgraduate students’ rights and welfare.
This is a great opportunity for postgraduates wish to improve the lives of students at ANU, and gain leadership experience that they can apply long after they graduate.
Applications are being accepted for the following position:
To be considered for these roles, please complete this google form and attach your C.V. and a one-page cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role.
The general roles, duties, and responsibilities of each position are as follows:
- Exercise good governance by carrying out duties with reasonable care and diligence, in good faith and in the best interests of the Association.
- Become familiar with the Constitution, relevant legislation, organisational policies and SSAF guidelines ahead of taking office, and ensure, with the support of staff, that both the entire Association and individual members of the PRC complies with these regulations.
- Provide the organisation with leadership, contribute to the development of the Students’ Association’s mission and values, and help promote and raise the profile of the organisation.
- Play a key role in developing the organisation’s strategy, and review and agree to major changes that would significantly alter the organisation’s direction.
- Monitor and assess the organisation’s work in relation to the agreed strategy and budget, and agree alternative action to remedy shortfalls, if required.
- Maintain a robust overview of the principle risks facing the Students’ Association, and take action to mitigate these risk when required.
- All currently enrolled ANU postgraduate students are automatically members of PARSA. You do not need to be an elected representative in order to eligible for this opportunity.
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible.
- The International Officer must be an international student.
- It is a requirement that you will be enrolled at ANU untill September 2018.
- Interviews will be held on the 1st and 2nd of February
How Do I Apply?
To be considered for these roles, please complete the Application Form and attach your C.V. and a one-page cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role. In your cover letter, please address the specific duties listed in the role description.
The application deadline is 12.00 midnight on January 26th, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact the PARSA office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (02) 6125 4187
Volunteer with PARSA: O-Week 2018
Do you want to be part of PARSA in 2018? Are you keen to get involved with making events successful? Want to meet some people around campus? Sign up to our O-Week Volunteer Application, and be a part of the largest week of the year for postgraduates. This is a great way to learn about the organisation, contribute to the ANU & Postgraduate community and make new friends while developing your skills.
We're looking for friendly, hard-working and dedicated volunteers to help before, during and after O-Week [12th February to 18th February 2018]. This is your opportunity to shape people's first impressions of ANU and contribute to the most important student representative body at the ANU.
There will be incentives for participating students, including PARSA merchandise, gift cards, entry to some of the most prestigious events on campus, and the opportunity to meet some of the most prominent academics in Australia.
Sign up below and make your impact - Volunteer with PARSA for O-Week 2018!
Want to make new friends from around the world? Interested in working on advocacy campaigns and initiatives to make a real difference in students' lives?
If so, add your details to the PARSA Volunteer Registry.
We're looking for ANU postgraduate students who want to work with our elected officers to organise social events and deliver positive change on campus for our members. Volunteering with PARSA is a great way to learn about the work of student associations, meet students from different colleges and build a stronger postgraduate community at ANU, and develop new skills that cen be used to further your career goals.
Let us know what you are interested in helping out with by signing up on the Volunteer Registry and we will be in touch when opportunities arise.