Current Vacancies (2)
Position title: Operations Manager
Salary: $96,981 + 17.5% Super (ANUO Level 8)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Responsible to: PARSA President
Employee Benefits: Non-salary benefits include free on-campus parking, 22 days annual leave (accrued), and paid time-off during the December office shutdown
Download the position description
The Australian National University Postgraduate and Research Students’ Association (PARSA) is the elected student representative body for postgraduate students at the ANU. It provides a range of services to support their specific needs in both their studies and daily life. PARSA is run by and for students, and represents them on collective and individual basis.
The association’s staff, managed by the Operations Manager, are a dedicated team that works closely with the elected officers of PARSA to advance its mission.
Manage the internal operations of PARSA, including management of staff, to ensure a high level of professional service delivery to postgraduate students of the Australian National University.
- Provide high-level support and strategic advice to the PARSA Executive in the operation of PARSA.
- Analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources and identify and advise on implementing new programs or services that align with PARSA’s strategic objectives.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate new project or service initiatives within specialist or other areas.
- Develop and maintain the PARSA workforce plan including recruitment, staffing strategies, and decisions that enhance PARSA’s objectives while recognising PARSA’s budgetary position.
- Develop policies and proposals, source and share best practice examples, and implement and oversee agreed-upon projects that enhance PARSA’s advocacy, community-building, welfare, leadership development, governance work, or other strategic objectives.
- Manage the efficient operation of PARSA’s day-to-day work in the areas of:
- Advocacy and Engagement
- Communications and Marketing
- Events and Volunteers
- Legal Services
- Student Assistance
- Other areas as directed by the President
- Manage the PARSA human resource management functions including the development, implementation, and maintenance of PARSA employment policies and processes and employee career, performance and development processes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of handover processes for incoming Executive members to support the continuation of institutional memory and effective elected representation.
- Under the relevant legislation, act as PARSA’s Administrator and Public Officer unless otherwise directed by the PRC.
- In consultation with the President, Treasurer, and Financial Controller monitor the budget to ensure prudent business management and advice. Assist with developing the overall PARSA budget and preparation of budget submissions.
- Work closely with the Executive and staff to identify, mitigate, and manage regulatory, financial, reputational, and legal risks to the organisation.
- Have extensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, PARSA’s Constitution, Regulations, and Policies as well as relevant ANU, territory, and federal legislation, regulations, policies, or requirements.
- Identify, negotiate and manage all contracts and agreements related to on-going business requirements between PARSA and external service providers and business partners.
- Liaise with Australian National University students’ associations, and other stakeholders, in achieving joint objectives and maintaining shared services for students.
- Act as a contact for relevant University and other external service providers.
- Exercise functions or roles as required under the PARSA Constitution.
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with national and international counterparts, share best practice used by other organisations, and make proposals and action significant projects that lead to newer and stronger relationships that benefit PARSA.
- Exercise functions or roles as required under the PARSA constitution consistent with the classification level of the position.
- Have a flexible approach to work and to undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required, consistent with the classification level of the position.
- Respect the democratic structure of the PARSA at all times. Work closely with the elected officers of and adhere to the highest standards of integrity in respect of the advice provided to officers that must at all times be balanced in nature.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and confidentiality, empathy with students as a client group, and a commitment to principles of equality.
How to apply
The application deadline is noon on Friday, March 2, 2018.
To apply for the role, download the position description and send an email to Tina Nash, PARSA Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your CV (including contact details for two references, including your current employer); and
- a candidate statement that addresses each point in the Essential Selection Criteria section of the job description (and, where applicable, points in the Desirable Selection Criteria).
Candidates will be interviewed either in person, or by phone or Skype, the week beginning March 5, 2018.
PARSA is an equal-opportunity employer.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or at (02) 612 56178.
Position title: Freelance graphic designers/photographers
Hours: As needed
Responsible to: General Manager
Application deadline: Ongoing
PARSA is looking for postgraduates with graphic design skills that are available for freelance work to design graphics and promotional material for PARSA events.
We are also seeking postgraduate students with skills and interest in photography that are available for event photography at the various PARSA events we have over the year.
If you are interested in being considered for design or photography opportunities for 2017, please send through an email with brief information about yourself and your experience in design or photography, and some samples of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Shikha Sud, Communications, Marketing and Events Co-ordinator, at email@example.com