PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant
The PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant is designed to provide access to groceries and essential items for postgraduate students who are in extreme financial hardship and do not have the finances available to purchase food, toiletries etc.
A maximum total of $150 worth of grocery vouchers can be granted per postgraduate student per semester at the discretion of PARSA Student Assistance.
- To provide a means of providing access to food and other essential groceries to postgraduate students who are struggling to afford essential items;
- To offer a means of providing assistance to postgraduate students who do not qualify for any other means of assistance. For example students who have already used their PARSA Emergency Grant for the year.
The eligibility criteria for the PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant are as follows:
Eligibility criteria: The eligibility criteria for the PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant are as follows:
- Currently enrolled postgraduate student at the ANU,
- Unable to afford basic living costs such as food and can provide evidence of financial hardship,
- Have not accessed $150 worth of grocery vouchers through the PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant in the current semester,
- A face-to-face meeting with a PARSA Student Assistance staff member is required (or phone meeting for distance students or students with access issues)
Process: Eligibility for a PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant requires the following to be met:
- The application form completed in full
- Proof of enrolment in the course (ISIS confirmation) either a printed, screen shot or sighted by Student Assistance Team
- Have not accessed the grocery voucher in the current semester
- Provide evidence of financial hardship – 30 days bank statement for all bank accounts.
Subject to the individual’s situation, PARSA Student Assistance staff may require the student’s agreement to undertake other supportive activities.
Download the PARSA Grocery Voucher Grant application form
Additionally, PARSA and ANUSA provides a free continental breakfast for students during the teaching term. Breakfast is available from the BKSS 8am – 10am, Monday to Friday.