Call for expressions of interest.
PARSA is currently seeking students who are passionate and well-informed on disabilities issues to form the PARSA Disabilities Advisory Committee. This committee is limited to postgraduate students who identify as having a disability, whether visible or invisible. and will be a safe space to share ideas and experiences.
This committee will be chaired by PARSA Equity Officer and inform the advocacy and service-delivery work of PARSA.
The group will meet once every 4 – 6 weeks over lunch. It is an expectation that members commit to attending the meetings.
This is unique opportunity to have your voice heard and influence the work of PARSA and ensure it is representative and effective.
It is our aim that the committee be made up of a diverse range of students with disabilities so as to hear the differential perspectives of domestic, international, gender diverse, sexual orientation diverse, and residential students.
To express your interest in this committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
- your reasons for interest in the Committee including whether you identify as a student with disabilities and/or have access & inclusion needs, and/or an Education Assistance Plan (EAP);
- any previous advocacy experience;
- what initial thoughts you have on what can be done to improve access & inclusion for students with disabilities;
- whether you're a domestic or international student;
- your gender and preferred pronouns; and
- your expected degree completion date.
For any inquiries, please do not hesitate to email our PARSA Disabilities Officer at email@example.com.